Since 1994, Amazon has continuously expanded its product selection and innovated on behalf of customers in an on-going effort to fulfill its ambition of being Earth’s most customer-centric company. Amazon aspires to offer customers around the globe the largest selection through its unique combination of being a Retailer and providing a Marketplace solution for third-party Sellers.
We are looking for an inspiring Head of Seller Services to continue this growth story and drive the division of our Italian Amazon Business unit. The position is based in our corporate offices in Milan.
This is how you will succeed:
>> Drive product selection and top-line growth:
- Define selection strategy and manage Seller and selection recruiting teams
- Increase business performance for new and existing Sellers, being accountable for their results both in Italy as well as in our other 4 EU websites (effectively serving customers across EU28)
- Raise customer-facing quality bar for our Sellers through education and targeted account management post-launch
- Identify and drive recommendations for pricing opportunities
- Define and own local product and project management activities focused on generating long-term growth and be a key stakeholder for website-wide initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership and identify opportunities for improving the Seller and Customer experience
- Identify, quantify, pilot, measure and implement scalable solutions
- Interact closely with respective Retail Category teams and central website functions in EU and US to understand, implement and shape feature, service or program improvements
- Align closely with other departments serving Sellers and Customers (e.g., Seller or Customer Support).
- Own planning, analysis, reporting, performance auditing and putting the respective mechanisms in place
- Create, communicate and audit long-term plans, forecast and resource allocation
- Align goals with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Global Product Management, Operations).
- Lead other leaders either through solid or dotted lines
- Hire, coach and promote top talents and create strong followership
- Establish team culture that aligns with the Amazon’s leadership principles
- Report directly to the Head of Seller Services in Italy, interact closely with your peers in Italy and across our EU marketplaces
- Build an analytical capability in the team to enable the group to be self-reliant and make recommendations based on data and robust analysis.
QUALIFICHE DI BASE
- Top University degree, preferably in a business or technical / engineering discipline
- Proven track record in business development at scale covering sales and account management
- Extensive professional experience, ideally in complex and dynamic environment ideally in e-commerce, technology, FMCG, retail or top-management consulting
- Inspiring people manager and leader of leaders: experience in leading (ideally commercial) top-performing teams and managing change
- Strong combination of superior analytical skills, inventive-thought leadership, relentlessly high standards, and bias for action to get things done and remove obstacles
- Strong ability to operate in a matrix environment, collaborate with various stakeholders in different locales and functions effectively, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal senior executive communication style.
-MBA from a top-tier Business School
-Pricing and Product Management
- Previous general manager / managing director experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.