Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet.
The Amazon Robotics Global Safety and Support (GSS) Team is responsible for providing technical support to internal fulfillment and transportation network customers that rely on advanced robotics technology to fulfill and ship customer orders. In this role on the ETS team, you will you will work directly with hardware engineers, operations managers, and support technicians working within the Amazon Robotics, and Advanced Technology organizations.
You will run problem management programs, build self-service troubleshooting tools and lead continuous improvement projects. You will develop deep technical and functional subject matter expertise and onboard support for new products. A successful candidate will have a passion and love software and operational troubleshooting, strong ownership, and a blend of technical and customer-facing skills. You are also expected to be able to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop metrics and tools to proactively monitor system performance, push alerts, and to provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports
• Proactively detect and resolve issues through the use of monitoring systems and alerts
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures and customer feedback mechanisms
• Actively seek solutions to customer needs and propose solutions based on customer feedback
• Develop and implement problem management procedures including escalation paths for technical and operational issues
• Lead problem management, root cause analysis, and preventative measure ideation
• Drive Support requirements during the development of new products
• Develop documentation and provide mentoring to new engineers
• Develop command-line and SQL scripts for use by support teams
• Build an effective working relationship with operations and maintenance partners
• Provide requirements and “voice of the customer” feedback to development and support teams
• 20% travel expected.
QUALIFICHE DI BASE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• 3+ years of experience of providing technical customer support
• Knowledge and/or working experience with relational database management systems (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
• Knowledge and/or working experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, drive improvements, and implement preventive measures
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across stakeholder groups.
• Knowledge and/or working experience with networking and product IT
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and gauge priority of multiple competing tasks
• 5+ years of experience of providing technical customer support
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• Knowledge of AWS Services and products (e.g. DynamoDB, CloudWatch, S3).
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following additional areas: Coding Languages (Java, C++, Python) or Networking Technologies (TCP/IP, DNS)
• Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate findings effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.