Get to know the Amazon research community at AAAI 2018!
Amazon’s research teams are looking forward to meeting you at AAAI 2018. Come and visit us at the Amazon booth, and read on for more information about academic collaboration, career opportunities, and our teams.
Amazonians with AAAI Publications
- "Context Aware Conversational Understanding for Intelligent Agents with a Screen" Authors: Vishal Ishwar Naik, Angeliki Metallinou, Rahul Goel
- "Multi-Task Learning For Parsing The Alexa Meaning Representation Language" Authors: Thomas Kollar, Vittorio Perera, Emma Strubell, Tagyoung Chung
- "Joint Learning of Set Cardinality and State Distribution" Authors: S. Hamid Rezatofighi, Anton Milan, Qinfeng Shi, Anthony Dick, Ian Reid
- "An Interactive Multi-Label Consensus Labeling Model for Multiple Labeler Judgments" Authors: Ashish Kulkarni, Narasimha Raju Uppalapati, Pankaj Singh, Ganesh Ramakrishnan
- "Verifying Properties of Binarized Deep Neural Networks" Authors: Nina Narodytska, Shiva Kasiviswanathan, Leonid Ryzhyk, Mooly Sagiv, Toby Walsh
- "BBQ-Networks: Efficient Exploration in Deep Reinforcement Learning for Task-Oriented Dialogue Systems" Authors: Zachary Lipton, Xiujun Li, Jianfeng Gao, Lihong Li, Faisal Ahmed, Li Deng
- "Variational Reasoning for Question Answering with Knowledge Graph" Authors: Yuyu Zhang, Hanjun Dai, Zornitsa Kozareva, Alexander Smola, Le Song
- "Bayesian Functional Optimization" Authors: Vien Ngo, Heiko Zimmermann, Marc Toussaint
- “Spatial Temporal Graph Convolutional Networks for Skeleton-Based Action Recognition” Authors: Sijie Yan, Yuanjun Xiong, Dahua Lin
- Workshop on Planning and Inference | Invited Speaker: Marc Toussaint
- Workshop on Declarative Learning Based Programming | Program Committee Member: Christos Christodoulopoulos
Internships for PhD Students
We offer 3-6 month internships year-round, with opportunities in Aachen, Atlanta, Austin, Bangalore, Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Cambridge, Cupertino, Graz, Haifa, Herzliya, Manhattan Beach, New York, Palo Alto, Pasadena, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle, Sunnyvale, Tel Aviv, Tübingen, Turin, and Vancouver. To apply, email your resume to AAAI2018@amazon.com, and let us know if there are any specific locations, teams, or research leaders that you are interested in working with.
Job Opportunities for Graduating Students and Experienced Researchers
We are looking for results-driven individuals who can apply advanced machine learning techniques, love to work with data, are deeply technical, and highly innovative. If you long for the opportunity to invent and build solutions to challenging problems that directly impact the way Amazon transforms the consumer experience, we are the place for you. Apply to one of the job postings below or send your resume directly to AAAI2018@amazon.com.
Publishing at Amazon
Amazon is committed to innovating at the frontiers of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our scientists are encouraged to engage in the research community in the form of written publications, open source code and public datasets. We have instituted a new, fast-track publication approval process, to help share our research efforts as quickly as possible, while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Research Grants
In partnership with Machine Learning@Amazon, AWS offers up to $20,000 in compute tokens each quarter to professors and students. Academics have used these grants for projects ranging from Hack End weekends to massive MRI imaging projects. AWS provides building blocks for developing applications ranging from Elastic MapReduce for Hadoop analytics to fast and scalable storage with Amazon DynamoDB. Learn more & apply here.
Amazon Research Awards
ARA is an unrestricted gift to recognize exceptional faculty, and fund projects leading toward a PhD degree or conducted as a part of post-doctoral work. Each selected proposal is assigned an Amazon research contact, as we believe that both sides benefit from direct interaction on the topic of their research. We invite ARA recipients to visit Amazon offices worldwide to give talks related to their work and meet with our research groups face-to-face. We encourage ARA recipients to publish the outcome of the project and commit any related code to open source code repositories. Learn more here.
The Alexa Prize is an annual competition for university students dedicated to accelerating the field of conversational AI. Learn more at alexaprize.com.
Diversity at Amazon
We are a company of builders working on behalf of a global customer base. Diversity is core to our leadership principles, as we seek diverse perspectives so that we can be “Right, A Lot”. We welcome people from all backgrounds and perspectives to innovate with us. Learn more at amazon.com/diversity.
Job Opportunities for Senior Academics
Amazon is looking for the best and the brightest to help us drive solutions for our customers. We have a recruiting team specifically dedicated to helping senior academics explore placements at Amazon for full-time or consulting called Strategic Recruiting and Academic Relations. Connect with us at email@example.com.
Meet a few Amazonians working in AI
Learn more about Amazon's research teams:
Amazon Core Machine Learning
At Amazon, the Core Machine Learning team consults across different businesses to innovate on behalf of our customers.
“I spoke to the future and it listened.” - Gizmodo. Meet the team of world-class scientists behind Alexa.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store featuring the world’s most advanced shopping technology. No lines, no checkout – just grab and go!
Ever wonder how Amazon delivers your packages so quickly? In some cases, robots.
Core ML - Berlin
Amazon has developed an automated system that uses machine learning to determine the maturity of fruits and vegetables.
Core ML - Barcelona
Hugo Zaragoza discusses the new Amazon Research and Development Center in Barcelona.