Come join the team building Alexa, the service powering the wildly successful Amazon Echo! You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of core product features that allow Alexa to provide customers with precise answers to their questions. You’ll help build state-of-the-art solutions to interesting problems in search, question answering, and spoken language understanding. Our team uses a variety of tools including machine learning to continually make Alexa smarter. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for software engineers who can build innovative applications that customers love. You will have influence on our overall strategy by helping to define product features, drive the system architecture, and champion the best practices that enable a quality product.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are clearly passionate about new opportunities and have a track record of success in delivering new features. You should have a commitment to working with a diverse team as well as strong communication skills. Our team values contributions from members with a variety of technical backgrounds and experiences. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are technical and innovative, and relish the opportunity to delight customers with pioneering solutions, we want to talk to you.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· NLP or NLU experience
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Sharp analytical abilities and design skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation