Do you want to join Alexa AI -- the science team behind Amazon’s intelligence voice assistance system? Do you want to utilize cutting-edge deep-learning and machine learning algorithms to delight millions of Alexa users around the world?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, then come join us at the Alexa Artificial Intelligence team, which is in charge of improving Alexa user satisfaction through real-time metrics monitoring and continuous closed-loop learning. The team owns the modules that reduce user perceived defects and frictions through utterance reformulation, contextual and personalized hypothesis ranking.
With the Alexa Artificial Intelligence team, you will be working alongside a team of experienced machine/deep learning scientists and engineers to create data driven machine learning models and solutions on tasks such as sequence-to-sequence query reformulation, graph feature embedding, personalized ranking, etc..
You will be expected to:
· Analyze, understand, and model user-behavior and the user-experience based on large scale data, to detect key factors causing satisfaction and dissatisfaction (SAT/DSAT).
· Build and measure novel online & offline metrics for personal digital assistants and user scenarios, on diverse devices and endpoints
· Create and innovate deep learning and/or machine learning based algorithms for utterance reformulation and contextual hypothesis ranking to reduce user dissatisfaction in various scenarios;
· Perform model/data analysis and monitor user-experienced based metrics through online A/B testing;
· Research and implement novel machine learning and deep learning algorithms and models.
· Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
· 1+ years experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
· 5+ years experience in building natural language processing systems
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
· 8+ years experience in building natural language processing systems
· Solid ML background and familiar with standard NLU and ML techniques
· Experience with PySpark for big data processing, analysis and ML
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Solid software development experience
· Good written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation