Alexa Speech is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. We push the limits of speech recognition performance to provide the best possible experience for customers worldwide of products including Echo, Echo Show, Fire TV, and many more.
We are looking for talented, passionate, dedicated Software Engineers with experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume production applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. You will also have the opportunity to work in a highly technical domain at the boundary between fundamental research and production engineering.
• Develop performant cutting edge speech technology software
• Design, prototype and evaluate new machine learning inference algorithms
• Participate in deep-dive analysis and profiling of production code
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Hold a high bar for technical excellence within the team and across the organization
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in speech recognition or related technology
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related fields (CS, Speech, NLU, Computer Vision, etc.)
• Solid s/w engineer & advanced C++ experience
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers and provide technical guidance and vision
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age