Interested in delivering Natural Language Understand (NLU) engineering solutions for Alexa, working closely with a team of scientists in the Machine Learning (ML) space? We're solving the problems of model qualification, deployment and experimentation at global scale, in order to accelerate Alexa feature development, and delight our customers.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for independently designing developing, testing and deploying major components and services. You will collaborate with service owners and speech and NL scientists to automate the validation and deployment of ML models across multiple languages, locales and services.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience with full stack web development, using Java and React JS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age