At Alexa's Machine Learning Data Platform, we care about safeguarding customer privacy while improving Alexa. We're hiring experienced engineers to join us in helping to make Alexa better.
As a member of the Alexa Machine Learning Data Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core infrastructure and platform features. You will work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment across all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including architecture design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. Your software will be used by hundreds of thousands of people every day.
What you'll be doing:
· Writing code in Java and Python.
· Utilizing AWS Compute, Networking, Security, Storage, and Database services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Lambda, AutoScaling, DynamoDB, and many more.
· Designing and Implementing Big Data storage and retrieval features that delight customers.
· Providing technical guidance on software design, architecture, patterns and practices.
· Helping your team self-organize and create software development processes and practices that will work best for you and your teammates.
· Building relationships with your customers, partner teams, and the engineers on your team.
Your background and who you are:
· You have at least a few years of experience delivering high-quality, distributed, testable, and scalable software.
· You've made mistakes in the past and have learned a lot from them. You apply these learnings regularly.
· You believe there are generally multiple ways to solve a technical problem, each with different trade-offs. You don't typically think in terms of the "right" or "wrong" way to do something.
· You approach projects, tasks, and unknowns with curiosity. You enjoy sharing what you know and what you learn with the people around you.
· You believe that a team is strongest when it is diverse and includes multiple perspectives.
· You are able to put yourself into your customer's shoes, you frequently immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand how you can serve them better.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience developing cloud and distributed software services and an understanding of design for security, availability, and performance.
· Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Ability to work well with a diverse team
· Proven results and a history of project delivery
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.