The Alexa deep learning platform team is hiring! The team is building a distributed, secure, GPU-accelerated deep learning stack for speech recognition and the underlying massively parallel computing platform behind Alexa. We are in need of a Senior Software Development Engineer with a strong sense of ownership and high quality bar to support research scientists. Join us in this exciting new technology space! As a technical leader in the team, you will design and implement critical components, help define the architectural vision, collaborate with partner teams across the organization, and mentor and develop more junior engineers.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience with Apache Mesos and Spark
· Familiarity with Kernel and filesystem development
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Experience with Machine Learning Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age