Do you want to work on Alexa, the brains behind user-delighting spoken language products Amazon is building like the Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV? The Entity Resolution (ER) team works on one of the core server-side components for Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU) module, which provides additional context and information about the user’s question to Alexa.
ER is a search problem and we use a variety of techniques to try and optimize this search to be as fast and accurate as possible. We are still a long way away from perfecting it, and are looking for curious software developers that are interested in building something that will make a difference in millions of users' daily lives.
Successful developers and scientists on our team have come from a variety of previous backgrounds but share the common qualities of being obsessed with quality, interested in scalable system design, and unafraid to dive deep into complex engineering problems which haven't yet been solved.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for setting technical vision of how we build the software behind Alexa. A successful candidate will have an established background in setting product, technical, and architectural vision on building technology that enriches the customer experience at scale.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
· 5+ years experience with leadership among software development teams
· Architectural or distributed systems experience
· Experience in the building of software systems that have been delivered to customers
· Experience delivering cross-functional projects in a distributed systems environment
· Knowledge in machine learning techniques in entity resolution or text search domain.
· Solid Machine Learning background and prior work experience with ML is a plus.
· Experience working with scientists and ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience contributing to intellectual property through patent generation.
· Possess expert knowledge in search systems, performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· Experience exerting technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age