Amazon Alexa, the speech processing and personal assistant technology behind Amazon Echo, is seeking a Software Development Engineer.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience working with AWS products and solutions
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation