Senior Software Development Manager - Amazon Alexa AI Natural Understanding - Cambridge, MA
Do you want to work on Alexa, the brains behind user-delighting spoken language products that Amazon is building like the Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV? The Entity Resolution (ER) team works on one of the core server-side components for Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU) module, which provides additional context and information about the user’s question to Alexa. We are still a long way away from perfecting it, and are looking for curious and passionate leaders that are interested in building something that will make a difference in millions of users' daily lives. Successful leaders on our team have come from a variety of previous backgrounds but share the common qualities of being obsessed with quality, interested in scalable system design, and unafraid to dive deep into complex engineering problems which haven't yet been solved.
As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading an organization of engineers in define, design, development, test, deployment, and operation of core Entity Search system for Tier-1 Service in Alexa AI Natural Understanding organization. A successful candidate will have an established background in driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term technical roadmaps, a strong technical ability to guide and coach, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your teams, defining the technical strategy and product road map for your organization, as well as defining, measuring, and reporting on your organizations key performance metrics.
· 10+ years of experience building successful production software systems
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Experience leading an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding for scalability, performance, and reliability
· MS in Computer Science
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical stakeholders
· Direct experience in the query/search problem space
· Knowledge in Natural Language Understanding and prior work experience in machine learning is a plus
· Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast pace environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age