Alexa is on the cutting edge between privacy and technology. We are looking for great people who are excited at the opportunity to define our approach to privacy, help determine the right way to build customer trust into everything we do, lead programs to improve our privacy standards, and monitor and assess related work going on across Alexa. If you are interested in driving exceptional data privacy and security standards for customers, if you have a passion for cutting-edge technologies, and if you see compliance as a business enabler, you might be a fit for a role in the Alexa Trust team!
This position is for a Senior Risk Manager within the new Alexa Trust Risk Management team. As part of this new team, you will help create and implement the Alexa Trust Risk Management function. You will work across the Alexa organization and partner teams to identify, assess, mitigate, and monitor risks that affect customer privacy and security. You will assess new technologies to determine potential risks. You will validate risk mitigation activities for their effectiveness, and consult on controls and technology that may be needed. This is a senior and highly visible role that will work across all Alexa teams and stakeholders. It requires someone with a background in privacy, security, and risk management and/or compliance, who has great judgement, a natural ability to get stuff done quickly, and enjoys running large, cross-organizational initiatives.
Key Responsibilities for the role include:
· Assist in implementing and managing the Alexa Trust Risk Management Framework, from risk identification to executive reporting
· Partner with key stakeholders to identify, assess, mitigate, and report on risks.
· Partner with legal, public policy, public relations, and other teams to identify emerging regulatory, compliance, market or other risks around Alexa Privacy.
· Communicate risk posture and project information to stakeholders.
· Review new features and products to determine associated risks
· Maintain a prioritized roadmap to address gaps and improve control design and testing practices.
· Give input to the strategy and design of new controls and systems.
· Evaluate known issues and identify root causes through end-to-end process evaluations.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner.
· Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Alexa’s success firmly in your focus
· Bachelor's degree in Business or Technology, or equivalent experience in technology companies.
· 5+ years of experience in regulatory, privacy, or security compliance roles.
· Strong knowledge of risk management methods, standards, processes, governance models, and industry standard risk analysis approach.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with experience making data driven decisions.
· Skilled in business risk analysis and making technical trade-offs between short versus long-term security and business goals.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives.
· Ability to exercise sound judgement, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations.
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high energy, fast paced environment.
· Experience establishing goals and metrics to identify and measure opportunities and success.
· Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in ambiguous environments.
· Graduate Degree preferred
· Security or Privacy industry certifications