Do you want to work on Alexa, the brains behind user-delighting spoken language products Amazon is building like the Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV? The Entity Resolution (ER) team works on one of the core server-side components for Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU) module, which provides additional context and information about the user’s question to Alexa. ER is a search problem and we use a variety of techniques to try and optimize this search to be as fast and accurate as possible. We are still a long way away from perfecting it, and are looking for curious software developers that are interested in building something that will make a difference in millions of users' daily lives. Successful developers and scientists on our team have come from a variety of previous backgrounds but share the common qualities of being obsessed with quality, interested in scalable system design, and unafraid to dive deep into complex engineering problems which haven't yet been solved.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
· 8+ years of industry experience
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Direct experience in the query/search problem space
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding for scalability, performance, and reliability
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical stakeholders
· Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Knowledge in Natural Language Understanding and prior work experience in machine learning is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age