Software Development Engineer - Amazon Alexa Machine Learning Team - Cambridge, MA.
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo and Speech and Language Understanding? We’re building the machine learning (ML) platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Machine Learning Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale data mining solutions. In this, you will collaborate closely with a team of speech and ML scientists, and influence our overall strategy. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering machine learning systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to coach others in your team, in defining the road map for your group.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key ML system features
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years of industry experience, including in machine learning projects
· Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages like Java, Python, C++, C#, Ruby, Objective C
· Experience building scalable infrastructure or distributed systems for commercial online services
· MS in Computer Science
· Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive.
· Experience developing machine learning software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Experience in data modeling and analysis, especially with distinctive data sources.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Tags: Amazon Alexa, Alexa machine learning, wake word, speech recognition, speech recognition, acoustic modeling, Java, Java, C++, C++, Python, Python, distributed systems, distributed file systems, Amazon Alexa developer jobs, Amazon jobs, Amazonjobs.com, Amazon Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA, Boston, Massachusetts