Alexa Speech is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. We push the limits of speech recognition performance to provide the best possible experience for customers worldwide of products including Echo, Echo Show, Fire TV, and many more.
We are looking for passionate software engineers to lead the design and development of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services. Contribute to software documentation. Build software components architected by senior engineers. Triage, debug, and fix bugs in day-to-day operations. Report on the status of projects and systems using available metrics.
· Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· Experience in speech recognition or related technology
· Experience working directly with customers/stakeholders
· Experience with data structures and algorithms
· Experience owning full stack software
· Experience writing secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects
· Experience developing cloud and distributed software services and an understanding of design for security, availability, and performance.
· Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Proven results and a history of project delivery
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.