Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Manager of Software Development in Alexa's Core Speech Technologies org, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of software that will make our speech recognition system performant, robust, scalable and extensible. A successful candidate will have an established background in building large, complex software systems, and preferably with machine learning and/or systems software development. The candidate will have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
· Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you are an experienced software development manager, have a track record of delivering to timelines with high quality, are comfortable providing technical direction, have mentored and grown engineers and are deeply technical and innovative, we want to talk to you.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• 3+ years experience managing software development teams
• Experience working with machine learning, speech recognition, computer vision, natural language processing, or related technologies
• Experience designing and developing software systems
• Experience using the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages C, C++ or Java
• Experience communicating with executives and non-technical leaders
• Experience hiring, growing and developing software developers
· MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Professional experience with C++ programing
· Experience with one or more of machine learning, systems programming, high performance computing, using advanced CPU and operating system capabilities to optimize software performance or experience with advanced algorithms.
· Hands-on architectural or systems programming experience
· Experience designing and developing large, complex software systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age