This is an exciting opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team! Come work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are passionate about learning and advancing your career. You want to automate common and complex tasks in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love to dive deep into data to identify the root causes of issues impacting performance and availability. You find data center build-outs, performance engineering, and other scaling activities to be a joy. Finally, you insist upon giving customers what they want: high quality, highly usable, always-on services.
The perfect candidate will have experience working with Linux, preferably in large scale, distributed environments; and be conversant with networking and distributed architecture topics. You will have enthusiasm for digging deep and a flair for sharp technical communication, prioritization, and organization.
Together, we’ll deliver the next generation of industry-leading cloud features and help every business run on the cloud. We’ll design, develop, and deploy the most scalable and distributed platforms in the world. We’ll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry through our choices!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Experience in 24x7 production environments
• 5+ years Linux experience
• 5+ years technical support or development experience
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages such as Python, Perl, shell
• Experience with automation
• Exposure to security concepts/best practices
• Knowledge of SDLC
• Knowledge of DB concepts and architecture
• Familiarity with distributed systems and the management of such systems
• Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
• A solid grasp of networking fundamentals and practical experience across the networking stack from load balancers down to TCP/IP
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Calm under fire as an on call incident responder (yes, this position will require participation in pager rotation)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others regardless of departmental or geographic boundaries
• Experience developing and presenting recommendations to peers and management
• Good organization skills to produce quality work, within required specifications, and within scheduled timelines
• Individual initiative and the ability to influence events, rather than passively accepting them, in order to achieve goals. This means being proactive and a self-starter and going beyond specific job responsibilities to ensure goals are achieved or exceeded
•Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
•Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age