Would you like to work with startups and startups organizations in DACH to help the highest potential startups, and ensure AWS is fully engaged in working effectively with them? As a Startup Business Development Manager within AWS, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and make an impact on the best startups in the DACH market. Your responsibilities will include driving AWS adoption and market penetration in startups while building strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the startup ecosystem, including investors, accelerators and incubators.
The ideal candidate will possess both a sound business background and experience that enables them to effectively interact at the CxO/VP-level startup executives, as well as a technical background that allows them to effectively engage with CTOs and software developers. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, products, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally. They will also possess a passion for new and emerging technologies and how they can shape the future.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Drive the necessary business insights, strategic and technical relationships with startups, startup organizations and key stakeholders in Switzerland and Austria to establish meaningful business relationships and drive cloud adoption
· Educate startups and startup organizations on technical matters and how AWS can help companies scale and grow by leveraging AWS services and go-to-market programmes
· Serve as a key member of the DACH Startup team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy in the startup ecosystem
· Prepare and deliver data-driven reviews to the senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks in the startup business
· Execute strategic initiatives for AWS, while working with key internal stakeholders
· Startup founder/CxO experience, preferably in Switzerland
· 3+ years of experience working within the technology industry
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Strong technical background·
· Bachelor's degree required
· Some travel required
· Experience in Fintech (as a founder or employee of a startup)
· Fluent in German
· Proven leadership, problem solving and strong attention to detail
· Strong project management skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
· Experience with cloud technologies
· MBA preferred
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.