Do you have a strong science background and want to help build new technologies? Do you have a physics background and want to help build and test superconducting circuits? Would you love to help develop the algorithms and models that power computer vision services at Amazon, such as Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Go, Visual Search, etc?
We are looking for builders, innovators, and entrepreneurs who want to bring their ideas to reality and improve the lives of millions of customers. Research interns at Amazon work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems.
As an intern, you will be challenged to apply theory into practice through experimentation and invention, develop new algorithms using modeling software and programming techniques for complex problems, implement prototypes and work with massive datasets.
We hire research science interns to work in a number of domains including:
• Quantum Computing
• Computer Vision
• Operations Research
• Speech Technologies
• Machine Learning
• Network Design/Cloud
Our science recruitment team is looking for graduate students in several research fields to work as an intern with teams across Amazon including: AWS, Alexa, Advertising, IMDb, Grand Challenge, Consumer, Operations, HR and more!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA | New York, NY, USA | Pasadena, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
• Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
• Experience in designing experiments, building models, and analyzing complex datasets to derive meaningful insights and business decisions
• Experience and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
• Experience with Java, C++, C, C#, Python, or other programming language
• Experience with R, MATLAB, Stata, or other modeling software.
• Hands-on experience developing and deploying optimization
• Experience in causal modeling (e.g., graphical models, causal Bayesian network, potential outcomes, A/B testing, experiments, quasi-experiments) and data science workflows
• Advanced ability to extract complex data sets, cleaning and analysis
• Experience creating prototypes and interactive visualization
• Experience in developing and implementing algorithms, tailored to particular business needs and tested on large data sets
• Experience analyzing both experimental and observational data sets
• Publication(s) at peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
Amazon has positions available for Research Science Internships in but not limited to Bellevue, WA; New York, NY; Pasadena, CA; Seattle, WA.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $59.66/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $102.31/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.