Amazon is looking for graduate students who are ready to explore some of the most interesting research problems on the leading edge of speech technology. We are hiring in all areas including: natural language processing and understanding, ASR, text-to-speech (TTS), text recognition, question answering, NLP models (e.g. LSTM, transformer based models), speech recognition, signal processing, information extraction, conversational modeling, audio processing, speaker detection, large language models, multilingual modeling and more!
As an Applied Science Intern-NLP & Speech, you will develop and implement novel scalable algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas at the intersection of ML, NLP, search, and deep learning. You will work side-by-side with global experts in speech and language to solve challenging groundbreaking research problems on production scale data.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people and cross-functional teams to solve complex business problems. A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Cambridge, MA, USA | New York, NY, USA | Quincy, MA, USA | Santa Clara, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
• Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in speech or language technologies, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
• Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis.
• Experience with machine learning technologies, deep learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, or related applications.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and statistics
• Ability to code in an industry standard programming language (Python, C, C++, C#, Java, etc.)
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Publication(s) at peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
• Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Amazon has positions available for Natural Language Processing & Speech Applied Science Internships in but not limited to Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Cambridge, MA; New York, NY; Santa Clara, CA; Seattle, WA; Sunnyvale, CA.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $65.38/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $106.83/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.