Are you a PhD student interested in Automated Reasoning? We are looking for skilled scientists excited about working on Automated Reasoning problems at the intersection of theory and practice to drive innovation and provide value for our customers. AWS Automated Reasoning teams deliver tools that are called billions of times daily. Amazon development teams are integrating automated-reasoning tools such as Dafny, P, and SAW into their development processes, raising the bar on the security, durability, availability, and quality of our products. AWS Automated Reasoning teams are changing how computer systems built on top of the cloud are developed and operated.
AWS Automated Reasoning teams work in areas including: Distributed proof search, SAT and SMT solvers, Reasoning about distributed systems, Automating regulatory compliance, Program analysis and synthesis, Security and privacy, Cryptography, Static analysis, Property-based testing, Model-checking, Deductive verification, compilation into mainstream programming languages, Automatic test generation, and Static and dynamic methods for concurrent systems.
As an Applied Science Intern, you will work closely with Amazon scientists and other science interns to develop solutions and deploy them into production. The ideal scientist must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people and cross-functional teams to solve complex business problems. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment who is comfortable with ambiguity.
Amazon believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the world’s most customer-centric company. Our ability to have impact at scale allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in Automated Reasoning and related fields. Our scientists work backwards to produce innovative solutions that delight our customers.
For more information on the Amazon Science community please visit https://www.amazon.science.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Cupertino, CA, USA | Minneapolis, MN, USA | New York, NY, USA | Portland, OR, USA | Quincy, MA, USA | Santa Clara, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
• Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree program in a computer science or a related field.
• Experience with at least one of the following: formal specification, formal semantics, propositional logic (and SAT solving), first-order logic (and SMT solving), higher-order logics, temporal logics.
• Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
• Experience with Java, Rust, O'Caml, C/C++, or other programming language, as well as with Python or similar scripting language.
• Experience with at least one of the following: Deductive verification (Dafny, Boogie, OpenJML, Frama-C, VCC), Interactive theorem proving (Coq, HOL-light, Isabelle), Model checking (I) of protocols (ii) of code. Explicit-state vs symbolic model checking, Symbolic/concolic test generation, Model-based testing, Checking conformance/refinement, Functional programming, types, monads, Invariant-based verification, Synthesis, Runtime verification/monitoring, Solver-aided languages, Static analysis.
• Technical fluency, comfort understanding and discussing logical concepts and algorithms, scheduling tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Publications at peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
• Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to present your thoughts clearly and compellingly in orally and in writing.
Amazon has positions available for Automated Reasoning Intern positions in but not limited to Arlington, VA; Boston, MA; Cupertino, CA; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; Portland, OR; Santa Clara, CA; Seattle, WA.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $65.38/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $106.83/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.