Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
This individual will be a key contributor to the cost accounting and inventory function and will be the primary point of contact between the finance department and the manufacturing organization. This individual will be responsible for maintaining all product cost metrics, providing financial support to FP&A and Operations teams including budgeting and forecasting of Cost of Goods Sold, analyzing manufacturing variances, setting standard costs, BOM validation and participating in the monthly close cycle and other projects as requested.
Key job responsibilities
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward.
- Set Standard Costs of manufactured goods.
- Reconcile any PPV (Purchase Price Variance) each month.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Support and assist department reporting requirements
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings.
- Determines and recommends cost-effective solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- 3+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field
- MBA, or CPA
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Experience in a Manufacturing Operation
- Experience designing and implementing controls or experience performing audits over financial reporting environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.