If you are eager to help shape the growth of the HR space, apply to join our Amazon Human Resources team as a HR Intern in Field Operations! Amazon provides extensive training and development for interns to learn to become exceptional HR leaders.
This is a ten-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2023 located within one of our Amazon fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations or other operations buildings within the Amazon Fulfillment Network. This position is not a corporate role.
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential. As a HR Intern in field operations, you will learn how to influence change and foster an environment of inclusion for all employees and managers within our fulfillment centers.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken to three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts and Location:
· This position is not a corporate role. This position will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
· Although this role is tied to a certain city, placement opportunities are nationwide. This means you will be placed at an operations building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (you will be placed at an operations building that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.)
·Term: Ten weeks during summer of 2023
· Competitive salary, relocation (if qualified), and housing assistance (if qualified) · An offer for full-time employment upon graduation may be given after the internship
Key job responsibilities
We may be a great match if you:
· Are passionate about interacting with and advocating for employees, leaders and HR teams who are working directly with products (everything from picking product, driving trucks or servicing a customer) to meet customer promise.
· Are excited by an active, non-typical work environment. You aren’t looking for a Monday through Friday job sitting at a computer all day... We are on the production floor engaging our teams, coaching our leaders and creating the earth’s best place to work!
· Are flexible in supporting our field workforce and able to work flexible schedules. PXT teams supporting our field workforce will work various hours and be aligned to the operational shifts of their client group. This includes working weekends, evenings, and rotating schedules based on business needs.
· Insist on the highest standards, have an outstanding work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
· Drive HR initiatives and continuous improvement through an intern project · Courageously advocate for equity when you see inequity in behavior or processes.
· Are excited to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, it is always Day 1!
We will support you through training and onboarding that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a successful HR Partner. Here are a few qualifications you should have from Day 1 with Amazon.
Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation)
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
· Willing and able to work any shift that may include overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime
A day in the life
As an HR Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn all areas of HR with some areas of focus including:
· Partnering with leaders at multiple levels of the organization to develop forward looking strategies and goals focused on the employee experience.
· Learning employee engagement and problem solving within diverse populations.
· Working in a rapid and complex changing environment driven by continuous innovation.
· Exposure into coaching and supporting leaders in onboarding and talent management
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree with a conferral date between December 2023 and August 2024
· Degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field · Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources
· Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Payroll Systems and/or HRIS
·Ability to demonstrate high judgment, empathy, autonomy, and flexibility.
· Ability to demonstrate highly effective cognitive and analytical skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
For Colorado based jobs: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $25.95/hr. Relocation may be provided as a part of the compensation package. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $25.95/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.