This role is within the MENA organization and you would be working with Enterprise customers across all industries and tech domains, in the UAE.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
- Technical degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in developing technology solutions, including but not limited to: operations/engineering, networking engineering, infrastructure/database architecture, and/or applications development.
- Broad technology experience including: cloud architecture, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, machine learning, networking, security, storage, DevOps, containers, serverless, CI/CD, management and monitoring, cloud migrations, IT transformation.
- Experience architecting/designing solutions built on cloud ideal but not required (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud.
- Presentation and white boarding skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.