Amazon is seeking a PR professional to manage its corporate communications across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with special focus on Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and UAE.
Key job responsibilities
• To devise and lead the creation of corporate communication strategies to maintain a pipeline of positive and engaging stories about Amazon´s work in the MENA region across multiple channels (owned, earned, shared, paid), with special emphasis on top tier media.
• Conceptualize, develop and review content to shape Amazon´s corporate reputation often in collaboration with other public relations and public policy teams.
• Search for and develop storytelling opportunities and generate ideas for editorial projects.
• Ensure that the content is distributed in the right format and on the right channels (owned, earned, shared, paid) to achieve maximum impact with audiences in MENA countries and across the world.
• Provide communications counsel to business executives on both short and long-term challenges and opportunities.
• Develop effective outreach programs to additional corporate stakeholders such as industry experts, business leaders, academics and local decision makers.
A day in the life
The role requires a highly intelligent, high-judgement, self-motivated and creative communications professional who has demonstrated their ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization. They will have a strong track record dealing with highly sensitive topics and delivering results across earned media. The successful candidate must be a long-term strategic thinker who pays painstaking attention to detail and has an in-depth grasp of local politics and regional differences. Arabic and English are a must with excellent writing skills.
About the team
This role will frequently work in cross-functional teams and must be comfortable working across a range of countries, cultures, and business units.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• A minimum of 10+ years agency/in-house communications working on major corporate communications campaigns.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to distill complex concepts and issues into crisp and user-friendly communications
• Extensive experience in working effectively with media and corporate influencers in MENA, specifically Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and UAE. An existing network of media contact is highlight desirable
• Strong understanding of digital and social platforms used in corporate communications and reputation building campaigns across MENA.
• Previous experience developing content ranging from pitches to infographics to social posts to broadcast (TV/radio/podcast) to traditional media storytelling packages
• Has relentless high standards and is action and results oriented with the ability to inspire others
• Self-driven with ability to be both strategic and stays on top of tactical execution. Should have both attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
• Excellent awareness of business environment and ability to react quickly to protect business interests.