You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too. This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
The Zappos Analytics team is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join its analytics team. As a Data Engineer, you will analyze large amounts of business data, solve real world problems, and develop metrics and business cases that will enable us to continually delight our customers worldwide. You will also work with a team of Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers to automate and scale the analysis, and to make the data more actionable to manage business at scale. You will own many large datasets, implement new data pipelines that feed into or from critical data systems at Amazon.
Successful candidates will bring strong technical abilities combined with a passion for delivering results for customers, internal and external. This role requires a high degree of ownership and a drive to solve some of the most challenging data and analytic problems in retail. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to manage large-scale data modeling projects, identify requirements and tools, build data warehousing solutions that are explainable and scalable. In addition to the technical skills, a successful candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and a high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks and technology rapidly as changes arise.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- 3+ year of experience as senior/lead data engineer or data architect
- Prior experience with Python/Java
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau or Quicksight
- Knowledge of AWS technologies (EMR, EC2, Redshift, S3, etc)
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Implement standardized, automated operational processes to deliver accurate and timely data for reporting to meet or exceed SLAs
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other Data Engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Experience working directly with remote technical teams