Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas can help reshape the future of the energy industry. Here at AWS, you'll work with a talented & inclusive team while using cutting-edge technologies to help our customers accelerate their energy transition. AWS is looking for a business development and go-to-market leader who understands the business and technology trends impacting the energy sector, and is passionate and capable of driving market development for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform. This role will be focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across diverse stakeholders across the energy sector, and requires the industry background, strategic thinking, technical depth, and communication skills to further establish AWS as the leader in this space. In this role, you will address rapidly changing customer needs, drive the right technology solutions, and enable the ecosystem of partners and start-ups.
Key job responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Being a key part of a global team focusing on Energy and accountable for business development in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
• Development of go-to-market strategies and programs in EMEA
• Engaging with key industry customers, AWS account teams, and strategic industry partners
• Attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to build repeatable industry solutions, creating significant new business opportunities for AWS.
• Work closely with AWS sales teams and enable them to drive effective interactions with key lines-of-business prospects
• Work closely with AWS marketing teams to develop and scale best-in-class, insight-led stories for the Energy industry
• Work closely with AWS solutions architects and partner teams to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the vertical
• Work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by energy customers
• Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent industry experience
• 5-10 years of business development or executive leadership experience in or selling to the energy industry
• Significant leadership experience working with energy customers, with demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of modern technology
• Top tier Consulting experience is highly preferred
• CxO relationships and large network in the energy sector
• An MBA is desired, as well as a technical background with computer science, and/or engineering/ math background is highly desired
• Working knowledge of software development practices and data centre / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross organizationally to build consensus.
• Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, IoT, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, optimization via machine learning, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
• A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.