Are you a telecom leader who has led successful end to end Telecom initiatives with Tier 1 operators? Are you looking for an exciting and fast-paced career working with both business and technology executives to leverage the cloud to accelerate the benefits from 5G?
At AWS, we’re searching for a Principal Solution Architect to join the AWS Telecom GTMS team. This Principal Solution Architect will engage with customers around the globe and provide deep business and technical expertise to help customer and partners design, architect, and implement transformational 5G solutions.
You will be as comfortable white-boarding complex software architectures with a room full of engineers as are briefing an executive audience. You will author white-papers and reference architectures that will be leveraged by the global Solution Architect (SA) community within AWS. You will deliver technical webinars, speak at public events and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
We are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed professionals with a balance of deep technical skills, business expertise, who are passionate about:
- Promoting customer centricity and ensuring focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage
- Driving business engagement to develop strategies for embedding Digital Transformation and Innovation into customer’s journey to the cloud
- Collaborating across AWS teams to drive and shape solutions that accelerate customer’s business outcomes
- Ability to fluently communicate at C-level with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the “trusted advisor”
- Designing and implementing large-scale transformation programs
- Developing repeatable products and offerings
- Leading and working in cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact on the enterprise
- Experience working with complex global organizations with proven effectiveness spanning multiple business units
- Proven ability to translate broad next generation strategies into clear, specific business deliverables and solutions
Up to 50% travel may be necessary.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- In-depth knowledge in wireless, wireline, and cable networks.
- Understanding of telecom monetization use cases and edge networks (private and public)
- 15+ years of working in telecommunications
- 10+ year of working with complex system integration projects
- 5+ years of working with 4G and 5G NFV Management and Orchestration
- 5+ years of working with network virtualization and cloud platforms
- 5+ years of working with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support System (BSS)
- In-depth knowledge of telecom industry frameworks: ETSI MANO, OPNFV, TMF Frameworx, and others
- Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, business, or relevant fields of study
- Industry domain thought leader as evidenced through patents, product development, published works in relevant industry media, or speaking in industry conferences
- AWS certifications
- Enterprise Architecture certifications- TOGAF, Zachman, Open CA, or similar certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.