Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
The MENA customer fulfillment team is looking for a Category Manager to own strategic, tactical and cross-functional sustainability sourcing programs (Energy, Packaging, Transportation and Waste).
The Category Manager will be an analytical leader with experience in sourcing complex, international, or technical environments and experience in driving sustainability sourcing programs. The individual needs strong communication skills and the experience to influence and support cross-functional stakeholder groups across all levels of the organization.
· Collaborate cross-functionally to efficiently design, implement and measure sustainability programs.
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert in Reliability Maintenance and Engineering ;
· Develop reports, dashboards and metrics which distill complex data into actionable insights;
· Professionally communicate to senior business leaders and participate in global sustainability strategy development;
· Drive appropriate commercial relationships with suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the lowest total cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with cost & performance benchmarks in use.
· Create and execute strategic sourcing projects that will support the teams’ development of an end-to-end sourcing plan regionally. Lead sourcing engagements and competitive bidding (RFI, RFQ, and RFP). Achieve cost savings through projects including bidding and commercial negotiations.
· Influence suppliers' processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the growth of Amazon's spend.
· Analyze and determine cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes, optimizing the supplier base and reducing total cost of ownership.
· Work with our team and business partners for the creation and continuous improvement
· Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to forecasting, delivery, quality, and cost
· Facilitate business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships across MENA and globally.
· Keys to success in this role include ability to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions
-Experience in Procurement and Category Management (Packaging, Power Purchase Agreements, Waste management and Zero Emission Vehicles)
-Experience in project management or leading an implementation of best in class category strategies
-MBA or Advanced degree in Engineering or other -CIPS qualification
·-In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, -English is essential, Arabic is advantageous