Amazon is looking for a highly skilled and analytical Program Manager, with a passion for making an impact through innovation and delivering solutions at scale for emerging countries in Middle East Region. This role offers a unique opportunity to support our growing business while driving large scale, high visibility projects with substantial internal and external impact.
The Mass Vendor Relations (MVR) team works to help small and medium vendors be successful at Amazon by leveraging scalable and standardized processes. As a Program Manager in this team, you will lead the creation and optimization of processes that enable the commercial success of such hundreds of product manufacturers and distributors in the region. Your goal will be to improve vendor performance on key commercial metrices, which will require a combination of strategic vision and tactical execution. In addition, you will get an opportunity to closely work with Retail, Finance, and WW Product stakeholders to improve the way we manage vendors and their business at scale.
As Program manager, MVR your responsibility will include:
· Delivering critical business initiatives for our existing small and medium vendor base.
· Managing all aspects of such initiatives in association with our remote operations team (e.g. workstream planning, requirements definition, key metrics definition, risk management, and communication).
· Identifying opportunities for Vendors to grow their business, engaging with teams to set up the right processes as well as owning the business performance.
· Analyzing and diving deep on our vendor performances, identifying possible changes and presenting insights and recommendations to the leadership team.
· Engaging with Retail teams to share learnings and agree actions on joint complicated problems
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He/she is able to:
· Think and act strategically and tactically delivering measurable results
· Take initiative and autonomously propose and implement new projects and ideas
· Solve ambiguous problems using structured thinking and data driven approach
· Effectively communicate and influence individuals at all levels of the organization
About the team
The MVR team created under the Retail Globalization Team (RGT), which has vision to accelerate and enable new country launches to support Amazon’s goal to launch our retail operations in multiple countries scalable.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Science, Mathematics, or related field
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience in online or offline product management, business improvement, process improvement or related field
· Excellent analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills and SQL skills
· Strong project management skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguous problems / strong problem solving skills
· Proven track record of taking ownership and collaborating successfully with internal and external partners to deliver results
· Strong English verbal and written communication skills
· Post-graduate education / Masters level qualification (MBA from top tier school is a plus)
· Previous experience managing operational, stock and inventory issues would be beneficial
· Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
· Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves. Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment