If you are interested building a very large and a brand-new planning system from scratch, this is an opportunity for you. We are building a suite of technology platforms and modules for a strategic growth organization. This is a greenfield architecture and a highly visible charter. You will be a critical voice in the decision-making process, create a substantial impact on product features, and will have the ability to re-define the customer experience.
Welcome to Project Nazaré, where we are building multiple products from scratch and where you will be amongst the first employees in a well-funded, highly technical, and highly visible business critical tech platform team. We are building a 125+ technology team focused on building system capabilities required to manage the end-to-end planning and financial processes for Global Engineering Service (GES). This is a multi-year initiative.
The GES organization is responsible for the design and construction of all Amazon fulfillment related facilities across the Amazon global network. This strategic organization builds and invests in the capacity to deliver growth for Consumer Fulfillment, Amazon Transportation, Amazon Air, Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) and PillPack. GES spends tens of billion dollars in the construction of assets to deliver on capacity for planned shipping and retail demand for our external customers.
To build this suite of planning and financial systems, we will stretch the limits of distributed systems and big data processing to solve hard technical problems and unprecedented scale challenges. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including Product Management, Software Development & Engineering, Technical Program Manager, UX Design, Change Management and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new capabilities and redefine the customer experience for a large strategic organization.
A day in the life
1. You will be working directly with other PEs and Principal TPMs in this org to come up to define the experience and come up with the tech architecture of all the platforms.
2. You will own the end to end design of the platforms and modules you will build.
3. You will work with product to refine the vision and influence tech roadmap.
4. You will lead the effort of development and delivery with other SDEs.
5) You will work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
About the hiring group
We are building a 125+ team from scratch. This team will operate in a start-up environment, work in a agile and fail fast manner and eventually build 21 brand new platforms/modules over the next 2 years. The team would be based out of IN and US (HQ2- Washington DC/Arlington).
If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for building distributed systems from scratch using latest technologies and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
As a SDE, you will be responsible for driving technical design and integration of platform/modules were will build. You will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility. You will disambiguate complex business requirements, invent and simplify as necessary and build elegant and scalable solutions from scratch. You will own end to end architecture of this new product and will define service boundaries. You will work closely with Product Management and Technology team as well as various Business Operations, Finance and Accounting teams to implement strategy and execution. You will establish a deep understanding of product design, technical design and implementation details and represent your tech team to partners.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
1) Master's degree
2) Ability to work in a start-up like environment.
3) Ability to disambiguate complex business problems
4) Ability to present tech vision to senior leadership team in a crisp manner