This role will be a key member of the Finance Operations Business Partnership team supporting Amazon's India Consumer business. You will be a key player of a team comprised of high performing operations excellence and finance professionals to drive upstream systems and process initiatives which improve the quality and accuracy of data used by Finance Operations to pay suppliers and collect from customers, while up keeping highest Controllership standards. This role interacts deeply with Consumer and Consumer Finance teams, obtains and summarizes critical data sets to trace defect areas to primary root cause drivers, scope future state solutions, influence roadmap decisions at the VP level and measure the effectiveness of solutions that are implemented over time.
Key job responsibilities
As a Business Partnering leader you are expected to:
· Partner with business teams to support products to launch and enable business expansions as a core team member representing Finance Operations. Participate in developing long range plans with business.
· Maintain exceptional relationship with business stakeholders, and identify and resolve key business issues impacting finance operations ability to provide optimal customer experience
· Work with various technology teams to innovate, identify, and develop long term scalable technology solutions to support business growth.
· Work with business groups to understand business model & different finance processes, and be a strong voice of controller ship and compliance to Finance Business Services interconnected process owners. Build processes, define procedures and policies with strong focus on Controller ship and Compliance.
· Identify and deliver improvements to free cash flow and operating margins through improvement in downstream results by eliminating upstream inefficiencies and defects.
· Liaise with Tax, Legal and Accounting teams to understand their requirements and incorporate them in Business Requirement document (BRD) while engaging with technology teams to translate business requirements into configurable design specs.
About the team
FinOps function supports every business line, in every geography across Amazon. By paying our Vendors and Suppliers (Procure to Pay), collecting Customer cash (Order to Cash) and paying our employees (Payroll) accurately, on time and with the best customer experience, FinOps plays a vital role as Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our priority is to identify, scope, and deliver upstream systems and process improvements which reduce operating expense, increase free cash flow, improve customer experience and establish first pass yield process efficiencies.
• CA, CPA, CWA or MBA, with 10+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Shared Services, Accounts Receivable/ Payables, Business Finance
• Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
• Expertise in Six Sigma defect reduction techniques (DMAIC, FMEA)
• Strong data analysis and deep dive skills
• Experience leading cross functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders
Corporate Payable/ Receivable experience
Experience leading complex defect reduction initiatives
Understanding of Financial systems and accounting workflow
Retail/ E Commerce industry experience