The team that built the innovative Silicon IP AZ1 Neural Edge that is powering the latest generation of Echo devices is looking for a ASIC Design Engineer to continue to innovate on behalf of our customers. We are a part of Amazon Lab126 that revolutionized reading with our Kindle family of products and re-imagined user experience through Echo and Alexa. We want you to help us build on the success of our first generation of ML accelerator at edge.
Work hard. Have Fun. Make history.
As an ASIC Design Engineer, you work with a team creating hardware accelerator IP to be deployed in a range of Amazon devices. You will develop hardware IP to accelerate applications in machine learning, computer vision and robotics. You will work closely with scientists, SoC Architects, software and verification to develop IP that meets the power, performance and area goals for Amazon devices. You will help define the processes, methods and tools for design and implementation of large complex IP blocks.
In this role you will:
- Micro-architect and design hardware accelerator IP in Verilog/Systemverilog HDL
- Help define and own ASIC design methodologies
- Lead cross functional SOC development activities
- Work with the different stakeholders and functional teams to ensure delivery of high quality IP to SoC product teams
- Provide technical leadership through personal example, mentorship, and strong teamwork
- BS degree or higher in EE or CE or CS
- 5+ years or more of practical semiconductor ASIC design experience including owning end to end design of major SOC blocks
- Successful tape outs as an owner of a major design block
- Experience writing HDL in Verilog/SystemVerilog and understanding architectural models and algorithms in C/C++
- Proficient in design methodologies and EDA tools
- Experience working with Synthesis, timing and design constraints
- In-depth knowledge of CPU, DSP, or programmable accelerators
- Experience working with RISC-V
- SOC bring-up and post silicon validation experience
- Experience with early power analysis
- Architecture/System engineering experience
- Experience developing with modern programming languages (Python, Java, C/C++), open-source technologies, and Linux.
- Experience with gate level testing and multi clock design practices (CDC)
- Experience working with software teams to tightly define the HW/SW interface including control/status registers, and error handling.
- Experience working closely with physical design teams to develop highly optimized ASICs with excellent power, performance and area.
- Experience in micro-architecture definition from architecture guideline and model analysis.
- Experience in RTL coding and debug, as well as performance/power/area analysis and trade-offs
- Experience in timing analysis and working with physical design teams to close timing.
- Experience in working with internal and external partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us