Amazon is looking for a passionate customer and category advocate who possesses strong analytical skills, comes with good project management experience, is able to effectively prioritize and multi-task and has been successful in driving the category growth.
The candidate will drive key initiatives for the business at a programmatic level and be responsible for implementation and scaling.
The candidate must be an effective leader and good communicator, working closely with some of our most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleague and cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
· Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned initiative, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business and is able to execute at both tactical and strategic levels to achieve long-term growth
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends / events, and continually stays on top of industry and competitive trends.
· Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities.
· Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of features that provide amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
· Manage vendor relationships : manage supplier / partner contracts, day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds.
· Co-ordinate with cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties to drive operational improvements.
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
· Bachelor's degree
· 6 or more years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, business management or consulting (could include buying, product management, financial analyses) with a proven history of delivering results · Experience in negotiations, pricing, or inventory management
· Proficiency with Excel and strong analytical acumen
· Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
· Business focused thinking, an ability to focus on key issues and a strong hands-on, results driven mentality
· MBA with relevant business experience
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· A great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness and team spirit
· Programmatic experience in implementing and driving new strategic initiatives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.