Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS has significantly more services, and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider. Millions of customers – including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies – trust AWS to power their infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs.
ASEAN is one of our fastest growing regions, with a diverse set of high growth markets across Southeast Asia. AWS has established a significant market segment leadership position in the region, and provides cloud computing services to thousands of Enterprises, SMBs and Startups. Customers such as DBS, Grab, Petronas, Globe Telecom, Bhinneka, Sansiri, Sephora, and Zalora are powered by AWS cloud.
AWS is seeking a Business Development and Strategic Initiatives Lead to drive the next phase of growth within ASEAN SMB segment. In this role, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape the strategy to help our SMB customers adopt and transform using the cloud. As the BD Lead, you will build out the strategy, define goals, and create the execution plan for the SMB BD and Strategic Initiatives. You will be responsible for strengthening the pan-ASEAN SMB deal muscle, expanding targeted industry verticals & solutions, and building out scale mechanisms to activate the next generation of SMBs on AWS.
We are looking for an individual that can unlock new growth by thinking strategically and long-term about the complex business needs of customers. In partnership with country leaders, you will help execute on the vision and strategy by driving localization of initiatives. You will operate effectively across functional lines to identify and execute on new opportunities. You will adopt a “look around corners” approach to develop initiatives in anticipation of future business needs, and identify signals from the noise to drive the desired outcomes.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background, combined with the technical knowledge and commercial experience to grow the business. The candidate will also be well versed in complex legacy IT environments and Cloud computing.
Key job responsibilities
• Define, deploy and manage effective and targeted non-linear growth initiatives to accelerate sales and business development activities.
• Be the voice of ASEAN SMB customer for the internal global teams (e.g. Product/Service, Business Development).
• Expand targeted industry vertical BD GTM for priority industry verticals.
• Establish scale motion via co-sell with partners, demand generation, industry relations and deep interlock with marketing.
• Develop and land the GTM to drive new customer acquisition at scale.
• Strengthen Pan-ASEAN deal acceleration muscle to drive end-to-end board and CEO sponsored transformational deals.
• Understand specific solution requirements of ASEAN SMB customers and collaborate with internal teams to roll out localized strategies & solutions to address them.
• Engage in senior level (CxO) customer meetings to discuss business issues, and explore how AWS can help address these issues.
• Uncover areas of opportunity and present business recommendations to shape the strategic initiatives in ASEAN.
• Build an internal enablement and reporting cadence to help measure and track effectiveness of initiatives, with a continual focus on revenue growth and new customer acquisition.
• Prepare and present business reviews to the executive team(s) regarding progress and roadblocks.
• 15+ years of business development, management consulting, and/or strategic advisory experience.
• Thought leader with solid strategic acumen and sound business judgement.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic recommendations for the business.
• Self-starter, who is able to handle multiple competing priorities and operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization.
• Ability to present and influence at all levels within a large and cross-functional organization.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and ownership to achieve stretch goals.
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations spanning multiple geographies.
• Ability to build and lead team that can influence results across the business.
• Extensive experience working with leading enterprises and SMBs in Southeast Asia.
• Strong exposure to cloud computing or related fields (e.g. IT, software).
• Management consulting experience.
• MBA or equivalent qualification.