Amazon Payments Services (APS) is looking for a dynamic Senior Manager to establish a second line of defense Governance and Secretariat team and be the lead person supporting all governance requirements for the licensed entity. The successful candidate will also service all APS Board and Executive Committee meetings.
APS’ mission is to make payments smarter, reliable and safe for every business. This position is critical to support the growth of APS through the development and implementation a governance framework, relevant policies, and be a trusted advisor to the APS Directors and Heads of Internal Control Functions.
Key job responsibilities
• Establish and ensure compliance with the APS Governance Framework, including any relevant policies and procedures.
• Responsibility for organising and coordinating inputs to the Board and Management Meetings, as well as the AGM in conjunction with the APS Legal team.
• Managing governance processes, including committee terms of reference, conflicts of interest, Board training, and responsibility matrixes.
• Lead coordinator on new Board and Heads of Internal Control Function appointments, including liaison with local regulators to secure successful approvals.
• Responsibility for providing appropriate governance expertise in ad hoc projects (largely with Legal/ Tax/ Compliance / Risk Management functions).
• Develop Governance relevant KPIs and monitor, analyse and present said KPIs directly to Senior Leadership during management and Board meetings.
• 8+ years of Governance / Company Secretariat experience in financial services
• Excellent English and Arabic communication skills and writing skills
• Experience in partnering with and advising senior stakeholders, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing and growth-oriented environment
• Strong ability to multi-task and problem solve
• High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a fast growth and changing environment
• Ability to work within a matrix environment and cross functionally
• Certification in governance or secretariat field of study