Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by
Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day- to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Digital Operations Manager (DOM), Music will lay the foundation for seamless flow of approved digital content and metadata throughout the digital supply chain from vendors and content providers to end consumers. They will also be responsible for professionally engaging with content providers to ensure their content goes into saleable distribution in a timely and high quality manner. The DOM is responsible for the quality of the product and for ensuring content providers receive excellent service. As the primary conduit for digital content and as the key operational interface with content providers, the DOM will demonstrate an unrelenting passion for serving Amazon’s customers and partners.
This role is focused on the MENA region and will tackle a wide-range of compelling operational challenges within Amazon’s Digital Music business
Key job responsibilities:
· Innovate processes and manage projects that enable content providers to sell their digital content in an efficient and timely manner.
· Provide ongoing technical support for vendors on issues such as data transmission, FTP, images, metadata, digital file formats, and content ingestion portals specific to Amazon.
· Interact with digital content providers to stay on top of new content deliveries, changes in specs, resolution of problems including issues related to ingestion, clearing and reporting.
· Retrieve and analyse data sets to answer key operational questions using SQL, Excel, Access and other data management systems.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with digital content providers in MENA
· Strong understanding of DDEX standards (Digital Data Exchange)
· Experience working in digital operations
· Familiarity with common digital formats (such as xml) and digital transmission methods such as FTP and SFTP
· Experience with MS Office tools
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Excellent data analysis, quantitative skills and ability to dive deep
· Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Fluent in Arabic and English - both written and spoken
· Strong understanding of digital music services and business models in MENA
· Experience with SQL
· A personal passion for music and digital media