It’s no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. Our Transportation Technology division builds the complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. This remains a fast growing business, and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from Fresh groceries to big-screen TV’s, increasingly complex transportation network, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet, using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
What will you do?
You’ll design and develop software used worldwide by our transportation partners and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. You’ll also mentor junior engineers in employing strong design and implementation practices.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building scalable software systems, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating the web services backing mobile applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired companies in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon Teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.