This role in the Amazon Benefits Department will focus on U.S. healthcare plan and network strategy to improve access to high quality care, improve health outcomes, and manage costs. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with self-insured health plans, healthcare vendors, and healthcare delivery systems. This role will lead and participate in key initiatives to enhance Amazon’s healthcare benefit programs and services, to simplify and enhance the employee experience, and to drive greater efficiencies in cost management and process improvements.
This role will be based in Arlington, VA; or Dallas, TX.
Periodic business travel is required.
· Provide perspective and expertise to identify and recommend innovative ways to manage healthcare networks and strategy and improve access to high quality healthcare services.
· Develop strategies and action plans to improve health outcomes and employee satisfaction while managing costs.
· Design solutions to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
· Drive healthcare initiatives, including developing proposals, roadmaps and execution plans.
· Participate in designing and interpreting analyses of data, and providing recommendations in support of critical business decisions.
· Develop metrics and surveying mechanisms to evaluate healthcare networks from a cost, coverage, and growth perspective.
· Work closely with internal and external key partners to ensure that our health care networks meet the needs of Amazon and our employees, and align to Amazon’s global benefits philosophy and regulatory requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business, HR or related field.
· 8+ years of experience with network strategy, design, development, expansion and management.
· Strong medical and pharmacy benefit plan knowledge and understanding of how plan designs interact and impact population health.
· Experience working with and communicating large amounts of healthcare data, and experience establishing and tracking program metrics.
· Proven abilities to build and maintain strong partnerships.
· Experience with complex and high-impact projects and programs.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to anticipate and creatively solve problems.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization and influence business leaders.
· Exceptional focus and proven results on delivering excellent member experiences.
· Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy of discretion through ambiguous circumstances.
· Advanced degree and/or Master's degree in healthcare, business, HR or related field.
· 10+ years of experience with healthcare plan and program development, administration and governance.
· Deep knowledge of employee healthcare benefit plan design, along with the associated complexities of plan administration, associated payroll processes, regulatory requirements and benefits program taxability.
· Proven track record of working effectively with people across a large, complex organization to create and launch innovative, successful solutions.
· Experience influencing executives, in partnership with cross functional business leaders, to gain approvals on proposals and recommendations.