The Amazon Development Center in Dresden, Germany, is building the foundation of the Amazon EC2 virtualization platforms. Our teams are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Amazon hypervisors and Linux Kernels that make up the engine of the Amazon EC2 compute servers. The Dresden based teams also own the development and support of the Linux operating system kernel and the supporting user space components running on almost every Amazon Server worldwide. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day.
What is Amazon EC2? https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
We are looking for a System Development Engineer to join the Hypervisor Security Team. You will contribute to tooling that provides static code analysis and automated security testing at scale. You will maintain, automate and develop scalable tooling and systems for testing, fuzzing, and continually delivering secure kernels, hypervisors, and operating system components that are part of our virtualization stack.
· Interest in operations, infrastructure automation and deployment automation
· Use of monitoring, alerting, and automated remediation
· Exposure to tooling and scripting scripting languages for these automation tasks
· Applying automation to reduce defects and increase reproducibility
· Proficiency in the German language is not required for this position.
· Knowledge in Linux operating systems, systems and debugging
· Exposure to AWS or public cloud services
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.