About the Org: We are part of the Alexa ADECT (Alexa Developer Experiences and Customer Trust) organization.We are responsible for certification, monitoring and developer support for Alexa Skills and AVS supported devices.
About the team: We work with cutting edge tech and have evolved products to monitor customer experiences across Skills (Voice based application) and devices (Alexa Voice Service). The team is responsible to prevent any bad customer experience from Skills and AVS. The team is solving ambiguous and unprecedented challenges on a regular basis. We regularly own executive level goals every year and take proud to exceed them in the interest of our customers. The team offers a exciting blend of operations, engineering, product and programs working in a tightly knit environment.
Job Description: As the team's BI Engineer, you'll help drive our organization to be data driven. We want to make business decisions, informed with data. We're looking for someone that can help develop and engineer our data pipeline, reports and visualization to help drive our business decisions. We're looking for someone that can Think Big and creatively, discovering new insights.
The role is part ad-hoc analysis (collaborating with Product Managers to make business decisions informed by data), part building new tools/techniques and maintaining KPI , and part collaborating with engineering to instrument and architect experiments and features, driving the metrics and data collection necessary to make them successful. A successful candidate will need to be self-sufficient and resourceful. This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow themselves into senior roles within Amazon.
Strong business acumen with exceptional technical, people and project management experience. The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon core business values and initiatives, and translate those into forward looking solutions. S(h)e will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment and will display creative and analytical problem solving skills. S(h)e person will possess a proven track record of delivering large analytics systems and leading analytics development and deliver with high levels of performance. The ability to prioritize multiple deliverables to meet customer and business needs is critical for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science Eng, Systems Eng., Statistics, Analytics, or a related field or an MBA
· 5+ years of experience with relevant technologies, enterprise reporting systems, data analytics.
· 5+ years of experience in working as an analytics or data engineering member working with cross functional teams.
· Experience working with data visualization tools and creating data visualization concepts. (Excel, Tableau, or similar)
· Experience of statistical analysis and tools such as SAS, R, or equivalent.
· Experience with reporting tools like QuickSight, Cognos, and others
· Familiarity with AWS RedShift and other distributed computing technologies preferred.
· Excellent knowledge and Expertise with SQL, Linux, OLAP, and Relational, NoSQL & Multi-dimensional Databases, Big Data
· Excellent Knowledge of data warehousing concepts; coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills
· A deep empathy for the customer's experience and the ability to translate it to new BI metrics
· A background in machine learning models or natural language processing
· The ability to communicate, persuade and influence, both verbally and in writing
· Agile product development experience and skill