Do you want to work on a service that can:
· Access petabytes of data in single-digit milliseconds?
· Replicate tables across continents?
· Stream gigabytes of data updates continuously?
· Back up hundreds of terabytes of customer data in seconds?
· Encrypt petabytes of data with no performance degradation?
Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed, serverless, NoSQL database that does all this and more! It provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of terabytes in size. DynamoDB is one of the largest distributed database systems in the world, and we continue to believe it is Day 1 for the DynamoDB business. We are constantly improving and adding new capabilities to DynamoDB, and we are looking for a deeply technical, team-first software development engineer to push DynamoDB even further.
DynamoDB engineers are continually challenged to think of unique and innovative solutions. As an engineer here, you will work on the hardest engineering problems in distributed systems at massive scale on multiple dimensions. You will exercise your intellectual capability to the maximum and work with motivated teams of sharp individuals. You also will get insightful and opinionated guidance from senior and principal engineers.
As a member of the DynamoDB data management group, you will innovate on the platform that is responsible for driving the data protection and analytics for the NoSQL business. We are building fully managed serverless solutions to help customers seamlessly move data between DynamoDB and their data lakes.
This is a hands-on position in which you will own everything from end to end: design, design reviews, implementation, code reviews, iterative feature launches, operations, mentoring, and driving continuous improvement.
Amazon is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action employer – minority / female / disability / veteran / gender identity / sexual orientation
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· One or more years of professional software development experience
· Experience delivering projects as part of an agile software development team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills