Our AWS Sports Industry Specialists (IS) are focused on designing and delivering customer outcomes across complex workloads for our Sports clients using AWS cloud services. They deliver cloud solution guidance, support POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), lead assessments and solution delivery projects, develop thought leadership and represent AWS at leadership events and summits.
We are actively looking for candidates to join our Sports team who have deep experience in designing, building, operating, and growing solutions in the Sports industry. The candidate must have direct experience in the workflows, operations and technologies used in one or more of the following areas: data science (AI/ML) workloads and uses cases such as player tracking and semantics, remote live event/sports production, interactive direct-to-consumer platforms, real-money and other sports gaming, in-venue management and fan engagement use cases or other relevant workstreams.
The position requires a blend of five (5) major skills which are: a deep Sports functional experience, a strong business acumen, technical prowess, an innovative/builder mindset, and thought leadership on Sports technology and operations strategies.
AWS Industry Specialist Consultants:
- Collaborate directly with global Sports customers and partners addressing cloud native workloads, security, compliance, scale, and resiliency.
- Provide leadership to customers looking for solutions to transform their existing media workloads using Cloud technology.
- Act as the voice-of-the-customer to oversee engagements and assist with non-technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
- Acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global Sports customer architects and IT leaders.
- Work with multiple AWS service, delivery, and engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and services for Sports clients spanning leagues/federations/teams to broadcast and distribution partners to myriad other sports industry partners and vendors
- Collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings inclusive of AWS Partners to accelerate our customer’s transition to cloud based AWS services.
Customer Engagements – In collaboration with our go to market team, engage customers to envision end state solutions built on AWS. The solutions start with end state business outcomes in mind, then working backwards with how AWS based technology enables those outcomes.
Industry Leadership- Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security and integration of AWS services supporting Sports customer requirements.
Support Sales Teams - Support on-site client projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
Technology Leadership – Define and design solutions that exceed customer expectations based on the use of AWS services and partners. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML), and AWS Media Services.
Develop Partnerships – Develop Sports industry solution roadmaps for clients, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large Sports industry clients.
Industry Expertise Transfer –Work with AWS Professional Services (ProServe) leadership to grow the AWS ProServe practice and to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
Customer Advocacy - Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional services teams conveying customer requirements, driving inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
Deliver Value - Support delivery of key Sports professional services engagements with clients and partners in broadcast, OTT/DTC streaming, live events, leagues/team operations (player health and safety, player tracking and semantics, real-money gaming, etc.), in-venue and at home fan engagement, production, post production, and more.
Industry Shows and Organizations – Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board’s directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Customer Requirements- Understand customer requirements, project scope, and support SOW creation for relevant work.
Sports Partners- Work with relevant Sports partners to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer’s project requirements.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10+ years of Sports Industry leadership experience.
- 5+ years of management experience in customer-facing roles or consulting experience.
- Hands-on experience in architecting, building, and operating solutions and services for Sports clients.
- Knowledge of common media frameworks, pipelines, and M&E industry software as it relates to live game event production.
- Sports industry customer C-level relationships, management experience and collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically about Sports solutions, global workflows, cloud workloads, business strategy, products and emerging technology trends.
- Direct experience in the workflows and technologies used in one or more of the areas of: fan data strategy & analytics, interactive direct-to-consumer platforms, real-money and other sports gaming, in-venue management and fan engagement, or other relevant workstreams.
- Understanding of AWS Services such as AWS Elemental Media Services, Elastic Transcoder, CloudFront, EC2, S3, Glacier, etc.
- Thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to Sports and Media & Entertainment cloud-based enterprises, solutions, platforms, workflows, storage, innovation and IT infrastructure.
- Sports Vertical industry sales and delivery experience using industry standard technologies as well as leading-edge technology services and solutions.
- Experience with the design of modern, scalable delivery solutions for technology consulting services.
- Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science.
- Expertise delivering Sports technology solutions to major global Sports entities through solution scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services, enabling emerging technologies and cloud based services.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $182,800 - 247,300 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $201,000 - 272,000 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The base pay range for this position in New York City is USD $201,000 - 272,000 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.