Here at the Alexa Artificial Intelligence Distributed Machine Learning Product Platform team, you will help Alexa better-understand humans with each passing day.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to head-up development initiatives related to privacy, security and policy enforcement for the spoken language understanding technology that powers the Alexa voice experience. In this role:
· You will build a world-class software development processes that drive both core technology improvements and innovation in different dimensions of the voice experience;
· You will use perceptive insights on business and customer requirements to drive vision and planning for the organization as a whole;
· You will dive deep into our architecture and systems and learn about the machine learning technologies and feedback loops that power the Alexa experience and create initiatives for technology innovation and continuous improvement;
· You will lead a team of diverse skillsets and backgrounds to improve the modeling experience for our customers.
· You will work closely with usage data, business development, legal and policy organizations to improve our data privacy and policy enforcement controls for customers;
· You will drive improvements in the science and engineering lifecycle to accelerate our ability to deliver ground-breaking innovation across a rapidly increasing number of customers, platforms and experiences;
· You will engage on a regular and frequent basis with Senior Executive teams on product status, risks and strategy.
· Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical ability are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get things done. At the core of the position is delivery. The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related project and/or technical product management in a software applications environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features, as well as analyzing the cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
- Act as an entrepreneur, taking ownership of your services and maximizing the value you provide to your customers.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
- Work with engineers to architect and develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Lead your team to operational excellence of your services.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a software/development team or a similar operating environment, including 2+ years of experience leading, managing & developing a high-performance development team
- Hands-on experience of building scalable systems
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- MA/MS in computer science/related field
- Industrial experience of Financial or Payments systems
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)