Project Kuiper is a new initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
A day in the life
Create FPGA solutions to support Amazon Project Kuiper’s satellite communication system. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking new system with few legacy constraints. The Sr. FPGA design engineer will work with systems teams to define, develop, implement, test and release FPGA based solutions to enable Project Kuiper. This will focus on creating digital designs for high performance control functions using the latest generations of FPGA technologies and modern FPGA design processes and tools.
About the hiring group
Come work at Amazon!
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in distributed systems and hardware design.
In this role you will:
• Create and release FPGAs through the development phases of uArchitecture-RTL Design-Physical Implementation-Timing Closure–Simulation Validation– Lab Based Silicon Validation
• Collaborate with control engineering team to architect, define, design and test high performance control loops targeted to FPGA technology
• Collaborate with the Software team to implement Processing system to programmable logic interfaces allowing parallel processing in FPGA technology
• Collaborate with system architects and design engineers to implement digital logic functions in FPGA prototypes to validate/tradeoff architecture & design alternatives
• Collaborate with systems architects, HW engineering design teams & FW/SW design teams to bring up and test systems combining FPGA, firmware and high-performance control loops.
• Drive trade-off analysis to benefit customer experience and optimization of target technology resources for cost/size/power/performance/features
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or 10 + years of FPGA experience
· 7+ years of experience in FPGA design & implementation
· Experience with System Verliog RTL coding
· Experience in the design, test, delivery, support of multiple FPGAs shipping to customers
· Experience with Intel & Xilinx FPGAs
· Experience with modern ASIC / FPGA design and verification tools
· Experience with uArchitecture, RTL coding, FPGA optimization for timing & power, simulation, and validation
· Experience with HLS
· Experience with Computer Networking Systems from Layer2 to Layer4
· Experience with TCP/IP Systems
· Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, DVB-S2 / DVB-C, or similar broadband wireless standards
· Proven track record of successfully fielding and supporting FPGA and ASIC products
· Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills