Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented Modernization Delivery Consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. The Mainframe Modernization Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Mainframe Modernization Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate and/or re-develop existing legacy workloads to the cloud. You will help shape, execute and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
In this role as an experienced mainframe modernization delivery consultant, you will assist our customers in elevating the technical execution and delivery of migrations to the AWS cloud. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You’ll need to make prioritization calls across the enterprise that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive processes and execution goals.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated technical experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for an established leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. In the Mainframe Modernization Practice, we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing consultants and experienced business leaders to craft and execute strategies that help our customers with large-scale mainframe modernization efforts onto AWS. We support both commercial and public sector customers (primarily government, education & non-profit organizations segments), providing a large variety of opportunities you can be involved in.
AWS Professional Services consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially internationally. As such, consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
· Customer facing experience, including discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation and interact at the C-level executive suite.
· Experience managing and delivering large-scale IT migration projects including definition and execution of successful project controls.
· 7+ years of implementation/consulting experience.
· 7+ years hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.).
· Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
· Experience analyzing on-premises mainframe applications and data stores to formulate plans for modernizing workloads that achieve customer’s desired business outcomes.
· Bachelor’s degree, or 7+ years of professional work or military experience.
· Vertical industry or Public Sector sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions.
· Experience being a trusted advisor to large customers for their mainframe and legacy modernization initiatives.
· Experience being a program lead for 1 or more mainframe and non-x86 legacy migration efforts to the cloud from the assessment, discovery, planning, to the migration delivery, and modernization phases.
· Experience with mainframe emulators, code and data conversion tools.
· Experience with COBOL modernization and porting application code across platforms.
· Experience with proprietary legacy data store migration to relational databases.
· One of the AWS Associate or Professional level certifications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.