We are looking for an exceptional, self-motivated person who wants to work on core product management problems and grow into an end-to-end product leader. Our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our mobile apps and websites.
Amazon’s Augmented Reality shopping helps customers visualize what their home would look like with Amazon products. As a Senior Product Manager on the AR Shopping team, you’ll partner with a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver experiences that help customers make better informed shopping decisions for their home. As a member of this team, you’ll be in a position to change the way people shop online for furniture and home decor.
Today, millions of Amazon customers view furniture and home décor products in their space using AR on their Amazon app and on Amazon.com. We are excited about a future where AR enabled experiences help customers design, decorate, style and shop for their homes with more confidence. You will play a big part in managing the roadmap for AR shopping by engaging with senior business leaders. As a Senior Product Manager, you will drive product thinking from strategy to feature definition, UX design, implementation, and metrics-driven iteration. You will work with engineering and design teams to create and deliver the product roadmap, partner across Amazon to deliver results, and gain leadership buy in and trust.
To succeed, you will need to be creative, agile, and obsessed with how customers shop for their home, and how AR solutions can help them in their shopping missions. You will also need to be highly data driven, but have the experience and judgment to know when and where to apply data.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong technical and product management background and demonstrates a passion for designing and shipping customer-facing products that will be used by millions of people every day. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who demonstrates a strong bias-for-action and enjoys a creative environment, a record of on-time delivery of large-scale projects and prefers owning projects from end to end.
Core responsibilities for this senior product manager include driving improvements in the customer experience to make it more discoverable and usable. This product manager will drive the north star vision that AR View will help customers “design, decorate and shop for their home with confidence”.
· 8+ years in product management for a large-scale consumer (mobile or desktop) product.
· Entrepreneurial track record (ideal candidate has 3+ years of product management experience at B2C startups)
· Proven track record of owning and delivering innovative experiences to customers. Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
· 8+ years of experience owning and driving end-to-end product requirements across multiple technology teams. Able to prioritize complex deliverables, have highly technical discussions, and run large meetings with technical and business leaders.
· Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Technical fluency; can understand and discuss mobile and web architecture and technologies, gauge complexity of a planned feature, make schedule tradeoffs, and evaluate roadmap timeframes with technical team members.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Passionate about and/or experience working with new 3D/AR technology
· Track record of building high-impact products
· Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.