Amazon’s Talent Assessment team designs and implements groundbreaking hiring solutions for one of the world’s fastest growing companies. We work in a fast-paced, global environment where we must solve complex problems (ranging from research-based to technical) and deliver solutions that have impact.
We are seeking personnel selection researchers with a strong foundation in the development of pre-hire selection assessments, traditional and alternative legally defensible assessment validation approaches, research methodology, and data analysis. We are looking for equal parts researchers and consultant/thought leaders who are highly adaptable and continual learners who thrive in a fast paced environment.
You will work closely with global teams to design and experiment new hiring solutions that predict success for highly complex roles (technical and non-technical) that have great impact on Amazon globally.
What you’ll do:
· Lead the tactical development and execution of large scale, highly visible personnel selection research projects
· Develop and iterate on experimental research studies to optimize qualitative and quantitative hiring strategies
· Develop and innovate on new pre-hire test assessment design, validation, and implementation
· Partner with internal and external technology teams
· Influence executive project sponsors and multiple business and development teams across the company
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
· 5 years of relevant experience in applied selection practices, job analysis, test development, and validation
· Quantitative analytical abilities with advanced modeling and statistical expertise
· Previous work experience in assessment design, objective performance measurement, and complex statistical modeling
· Demonstrated ability to manage and analyze large data sets
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven problem-solving skills
· Strong internal consulting skills and a track record of influencing stakeholders
· Proven skills in experimental research design
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Proficient in at least one statistical analysis tool (e.g., SPSS, R, or SAS)