Role based in Luxembourg - Eligible for relocation package.
The EU Supply Chain team is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer, as part of the Supply Chain analytics team. You will contribute to defining, building, and automating data pipeline and infrastructure to optimize our transfer and fulfilment systems. You will chase defects in our systems, leaving no stone un-turned to delight our customers with wider selection. This role will give you a unique view on Amazon systems, process and operations, interacting with planning teams, fulfillment centers and technical teams. If you are someone who has shown success in analyzing, diving deep in complex data, streamlining and identifying process improvement opportunities and pioneering new ways to do things, we’d like to talk to you. This position is preferably based out of our EU Headquarters in Luxembourg but can also be in other cities in Europe.
You will lead some critical performance management initiatives to improve our transfer and fulfilment systems in Europe leveraging complex data management and visualization:
- Guide buying, placement and other relevant stakeholders with regards to further optimize current system’s decision making to improve long term cash flow for the business.
- Establish the right framework to optimize manual transfer process; design and own a set of metrics to measure transfer success against different scenarios
- Pioneer new ideas to improve and automate the POD transfer algorithm to better support FC launches in an ever-growing network complexity
- Pilot and implement your recommendation in production through smart configurations in Amazon systems
- Develop the analytics required to visualize opportunities and measure progresses
- Master degree in a scientific subject / mechanical engineering / supply chain management
- 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical environment
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong data analysis skills, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
- Experience with operations/supply chain
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must have
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, self-starter and a quick learner.
- Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Excellent communicating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the company is required
- Experience of dealing with results, metrics and data management and desire to create and build new processes
- Data science background is a plus
- Knowledge of R / Python / any tool allowing visualization and automation will help you go further in your job
- Knowledge of OR / Modelling is a plus